Syllabus and Course Outline
SELLING VACATION PACKAGES AND TOURS
NUMBER OF HOURS:
20 - 30 Hours
Earn great commissions by booking vacation packages and tours, one of the fastest growing segments of the travel industry. Learn the basics of the tour product, components of tours, tour destinations, types of vacation packages and tours, print and electronic resources and non-automated tour booking procedures. Understand the function of tour operators and wholesalers. Identify your clients' needs and preferences, and book the right vacation package for any given client.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Specify the benefits of tours for the traveler and for the travel professional
- List and describe the various components of a tour and of tour brochures
- Interpret tour information found in brochures and reference publications and utilize tour brochures as a sales tool and booking resource
- Compare the features, benefits and pricing of various tours and vacation packages
- Identify and explain five types of tours
- Name five popular vacation package and tour destinations in North America
- Explain the function of Tour Operators/Wholesalers
- Select the right package tour for the client
- Demonstrate vacation package and tour booking procedures
Successful completion of all Stop, Review and Applies, Challenges, and Exam.
Each lesson includes an online Review (Stop, Review and Apply) and may include one Challenge that requires independent research and application.
The maximum time to complete this course will be sent to you by your instructor. The course includes 2 challenges, 4 reviews and 1 exam. All reviews, challenges and the exam are submitted electronically to your instructor with results returned via email.
Lesson 1 - Vacation Package and Tour Introduction (12 pages)
Lesson 2 - Vacation Package and Tour References and Resources (8 pages)
Lesson 3 - Types of Vacation Packages and Tours (19 pages)
Lesson 4 - Vacation Package and Tour Sales (10 pages)
Lesson 5 - Vacation Packages and Tours Review (19 pages)